Hosting my first React Native Voice Chat on Telegram
Today I hosted my first React Native Voice Chat on Telegram 😊
Now that Telegram introduced Voice Chats for channels (basically clubhouse, but better) ...
... I decided it would benefit my React Native Status Telegram channel a lot as I could interact with my audience easier and share knowledge with each other.
Today's topic was "The Good and Bad of React Native 🌶️" and it was a lot of fun to find out what different people find frustrating and like about React Native.
Some good points that were mentioned about React Native were:
- It's really great to see that most of the code works on both Android and iOS without having to do major changes to support both platforms.
- Expo it's really easy to use and saves a lot of frustrations when updating and installing React Native packages.
- After version 0.60, React Native with its Auto Linking feature, making it a lot easier to add Native libraries into your projects. Thankfully now, we don't have to spend 2 hours fixing our Xcode build due to library incompatibility issues.
Some bad points that were mentioned about React Native were:
- It's still sometimes hard to update React Native to a new version as you have to go and update native Android and iOS files which could be easily messed up.
- Creating responsive designs (like fonts) it's still hard, but luckily some packages like drispy make it a little bit easier.
- Sometimes the app size can be quite large depending on packages. A good tool that helps identify heavy packages is react-native-bundle-visualizer. Also, generating AAB files instead of APK also reduces the file size a lot!
Join our community 👥
p.s 🤫 I recently started a podcast called The Anxious Developer where I share my knowledge on how to reduce your stress, become more present and productive as a Developer. I would love to hear your thoughts on it! 😊
Remember, you are worthy, you are loved and you matter! Have a great day! ❤️